- Archives of Indian Labour was constituted with the long-term objective to act as a specialised repository of records and voices of the workers, and contain textual, visual and oral records on labour in India. At present in total 8 special collections comprising 40,000 printed pages, 100 hours of taped interviews are stored in digital form. In addition several special reports and articles on labour history of India are also available on this digital library. This library has been developed using Greenstone open source software at V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida. Registration is required to access the library.
- Digital Library of India is a digital library of books, which are free-to-read,
searchable, predominantly in Indian languages, available to everyone over the Internet. Very soon it is expected that this portal would provide a gateway to Indian Digital Libraries in science, arts, culture, music, movies, traditional medicine, palm leaves and many more. This project is a collaboration between different Indian insitutes and Universities and Carnegie Mellon University under Universal Digital Library Project.
- Digital Library of Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode is developed by IIMK library holds documents on management, economics, sociology, etc and IIMK staff publications. The number of documents included are less as the library is in development stage.
- ETD at Indian Institute of Science is the digital repository of Theses and Dissertations of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. You can search, browse and access theses and dissertaions from this collection. This repository has been developed to capture, disseminate and preserve research theses of Indian Institute of Science.
- Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts [IGNCA] Digital Library
IGNCA digital library contains digital images, audio and video recordings, animations, electronic books, etc related Indian arts and culture.
- Librarian's Digital Library [LDL] has been developed by DRTC, which contains full text of papers/articles related to Indian Librarianship. Presently it contains full text papers submitted
in DRTC seminars, papers submitted by LIS professionals and Students Theses/Dissertations. In future it is having plans to include conference proceedings of Indian LIS associations.
- Nalanda Digital Library is the result of the ongoing Digital Library
nitiative at National Institute of Technology, Calicut Library. Nalanda Project aims at a full-fledged Digital Library at NITC to cater to the increasing demand for information resources from the Campus User Community as well as from Remote Users from rest of the Country. Some resources are open to all, otherwise they are resistricted to NITC campus and their recognised users. At present, it is in evolving stage.
- Vidyanidhi: Digital Library and E-Scholarship Portal
is planning to develop repository for Indian doctoral thesis. At present it provides access to metadata of Indian thesis and Universities. Few full text thesis [ETDs] are presently available in its database. It started as a project
in 2000 with support from NISSAT, Govt of India. Now with the support from Ford Foundation and Microsoft India it is evolving as a national initiative. It welecomes Universities and Researchers to participate in this programme. The project is based at Dept of Library and Information Science, Mysore University, Mysore, Karnataka.
- Alaxanderia Digital Library Project
- California Digital Library contains digital collection of University of California campuses.
- Collect Britain: Putting history in place is a collection of maps, prints and drawings, photographs and documents, rare early sound recordings from around the globe. It has been developed by British Library using its collections.
- Cornell Library Historical Mathematical Monographs is a collection of selected monographs with expired copyrights chosen from the mathematics field.
- Digital Library of Commons is a gateway to the international literature on the commons. This site contains a Working Paper Archive of author-submitted papers, a full-text Digital Library, and links to relevant reference sources on the study of the commons.
- Digital Library for Earth System Education [DLESE] is a geoscience community resource that supports teaching and learning about the Earth system. DLESE is funded by the National Science Foundation and is being built by a community of educators, students, and scientists to support Earth system education at all levels.
- Digital Library of Historical Directories is a digital library of eighteenth, nineteenth and early twentieth century local and trade directories from England and Wales.
- Digital South Asia Library provides digital materials for reference and research on South Asia to scholars, public officials, business leaders, and other users. Its collection include reference sources, books and journals, images, maps, statistics, etc.
- ELPUB Digital Library contains full text articles presented in Electronic Publishing conference w.e.f 1997. Access to all the articles is given free of cost.
- eScholarship Editions collection includes the full text of more than 1,400 books from academic presses on a range of topics, including art, science, history, music, religion, and fiction. Access is free to all.
- Ethnomathematics Digital Library [EDL] provides access to online resources worldwide. There are about 700 items in the collection, and regularly adding new ones, particularly those relevant to the Pacific region.
- History E-book Project is a searchable digital archive of historical books
developed by University of Michigan Library. It is having over 500 books of high quality in the field of history and will be adding 250 more by the end of 2003.
- Informedia: Digital Video Library Project has pioneered new approaches for automated video and audio indexing, navigaiton, visualization, search and retrieval and embedded them in a system for use in education, information and entertainment environments.
- Librarycompany.org is non-profit independent research library with collections documenting every aspect of the history and background of American culture from the colonial period to the end of ninteenth century.
- Metaarchive.org offers multiple institutions a combination of new
technologies for sharing information about primary resources of interest to scholars and researchers, and it provides researchers a publicly searchable web interface to a collection of freely available, difficult-to-access, academically-oriented resources related to politics and religion.
- Mind Project addresses the problems faced by users in terms of their
ability to access and exploit the increasing number of Digital Libraries available internationally through networks, such as the Internet and the World Wide Web (WWW). It will assist users to: know where to search, how to query different media and how to combine information from diverse sources.
- National Science Digital Library includes collection in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
- NYPL Digital Library will provide free and open online access to thousands of digital images from the collections of NYPL's Research Libraries.
- Open-Video-Project.org its purpose of the Open Video Project is to collect and make available a repository of digitized video content for the digital video, multimedia retrieval, digital library, and other research communities.
- Networked Digital Library of Thesis and Dissertations [NDLTD] is a digital library of thesis and dissertations. Individuals and institutes can paricipate in it by making their thesis or disserations available to the network in electronic format.
- New Zealand Digital Library project is a research programme at The University of Waikato whose aim is to develop the underlying technology for digital libraries and make it available publicly so that others can use it to create their own collections. They have developed a 'Greenstone' Software for the development of digital library. It is available for download.
- Universal Library is proposed to create the Universal Library with a free-to-read, searchable collection of one million books, primarily in the English language, available to everyone over the Internet. Within 10 years, it is their expectation that the collection will grow to 10 Million books. The first major project of Universal Library is the Million Book Digital Library project. This project is a collaboration between different Insitutes and Universities all over the world and Carnegie Mellon University.