Following are some of the tools, which will be useful in your day today research and teaching work:
- Easy Chair is a free conference management system that is flexible, easy to use, and has many features to make it suitable for various conference models. You may use it for a conference to be organized at your institute.
- Eigenfactor helps in finding ranking of journals and their cost effectiveness. It uses Thomson Reuters Citations databases to provide results.
- Google Docs is a free online office tool from Google, which can be used to create and share documents, worksheets, presentations, images and forms. Just you need to have a Google account to make use of this great service.
- How to Write Citations helps you to generate citations in APA, MLA, Chicago and APA, MLA, works cited, and Turabian styles.
- Media Converter helps you to convert all
types of video file formats up to 1 GB.
- OCR Terminal is an online OCR service that allows you to convert PDF to Word, JPEG to Word and scanned images into editable documents.
- Online-Convert is a Free online file converter. You can convert media files online from one format into another.
- PDF to Word allows quickly and easily create editable DOC/RTF files, making it a cinch to re-use PDF content in applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, Open Office etc. Moreover, this online tool is available for use at NO COST.
- Plagiarisma is a free online plagiarism checker and duplicate content finder, which teachers and students can use to detect possible cases of plagiarism. You may use to check the content by pasting text, assigning a website address and by uploading a file.
- Photoshop is a FREE online tool helps in editing photos and allows to share photos with others in the group. Similar to this tool, free editing of the photos is possible using Picknik.
- Portable Apps is a complete collection of portable apps including
a web browser, email client, office suite, calendar/scheduler, instant messaging client, antivirus, audio
player, sudoku game, password manager, PDF reader, minesweeper clone, backup utility and integrated menu,
all preconfigured to work portably. Just drop it on your portable device [Pen drive/Stick] and you're ready to go.
- Prezi is a free online presentation tool, which helps to Create astonishing presentations live and on the web.
- Publish or Perish is a software program that retrieves and analyzes academic citations. It uses Google Scholar to obtain the raw citations, then analyzes these and presents various metrics.
- SciMago Journal and Country Rank is a portal that includes the journals and country scientific indicators (rankings) developed from the information contained in the Scopus database.
- Skydrive offers 25 GB of free online storage for sharing Microsoft Office
docs, other files and photos.
- Zotero is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. It lives right where you do your work—in the web browser itself.